My daughter has stated to me that she considers me to be one of her closest friends. She talks to me about everything. I established with her a long time ago that there is not a subject that is off limits, from sex to drugs and everything in between. I am still her mother and I disciplined her, but I would let her know why it was necessary afterward. I even let her speak her piece at times, if she disagrees with something that I have told her to do. If she feels there is a different way to do it. Once or twice she has been able to change my mind. I let her choice her form of discipline on occasion. Don't get me wrong, there were a few challenging times, but we made it through them because of our relationship.

She is now a 20 college student who feels her mother is one of her best friends.

True story:
While I was visiting my sis, I get a call from my daughter stating she feels like she is dying. She has the worst headache she has ever had in her life. She sounded so pitiful. I laughed and she begged me to stop. "Not so loud she said". "My head is about to fall off". I couldn't help it because I knew what she didn't know. She was experiencing a hangover. She had told me she would be going out with her friends the night before. I had previously given her pointers on how not to get drunk or get a hangover, but of course she didn't listen this time. I kept laughing and finally I told her what she needed to do to get over the hangover. It is now a running joke between us. Reminiscent of the episode when Vanessa got drunk on the Cosby show.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder