I wasn't planning to post, because I'm not a fan of the "typical" New Years resolutions that people never seem to keep. But I don think it's as good a time as any to take a look at your life and decide what you want to be different about it. I'm not setting hard and fast rules like "go to the gym 3x per week". Instead, this year, I want to/plan to:

• Be more social by reaching out to my friends more, and trying to invite acquaintances to do things more often so they hopefully become friends
  • To integrate physical activity better into my lifestyle. Not just going to the gym, but engaging in an active hobby, going for a walk or to some type of outdoor activity on the weekends instead of watching a movie, etc.
  • To be more dedicated to art in my life. I just got my first "real" camera, and I'm going to learn to use it, and commit to taking photos to get at my creative side more.
  • And finally, as a more typical resolution, I'm going to publish at least 2 papers in a peer-reviewed journal from my dissertation that I finished in 2012.

And in reading through these, I realize I only truly have one resolution for 2013: to be less lazy.
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON