I don't know why watching beauty gurus on youtube is so addicting. I don't even wear makeup!
Originally Posted by CurlyEyes
Same here! And the more completely glammed-out, beauty obsessed and otherwise unlike me they are, the more fascinated I am. I must learn alllll the eyeshadow techniques that I'll likely never use. Conversely, it annoys me running into someone partnered if it's one of those random searches for "daily makeup/hair routine" I do once in a blue moon - I want to peer into someone else's daily rituals, not learn a lesson, dangit!

Also, I love twirling and new skirts. I highly approve of your choice of activities.

My hair has neither been natural nor thoroughly straightened nor adequately moisturized in a long, looooong time. I legit do not know how to deal with tailbone length hair as an adult woman. Can I just lop it off and send it off to have clip-in hair extensions made of it? I keep longing for really short hair, like chin-length or retro '50s hairstyle length, while still wanting to learn how to deal with it as it is now. Whether it's curls or waves at this length, I just want them to be happy, dangit! I seriously do think the hair extensions thing would be cool - I just googled multiple configurations of it and couldn't find anyone offering such a service. Meh. Like I could spend that kind of money just to have my cake and eat it, too.

Even re-watching BBC's fabulous miniseries of Pride and Prejudice, in which everyone has long hair that's worn up in public, makes me want short hair. BTW, that was what I did on New Year's Eve with my super awesome friend who surprised me by having it on her computer when she came over! It seems to have become our New Year's tradition now (which we used to have with a third friend who is currently in New York), which pleases me immensely. So does our decision to pay attention to the background people and do some minor riffing on it this time. We wound up getting very interested in the power dynamics of canes and tassels, which both appeared to be solely the province of men until the scene in which Lady Catherine de Bourgh confronts Lizzie at her house. When she took her walk with Lizzie, the two of us simultaneously gasped and exclaimed, "She has a cane!!" and then my friend pointed out that whatever she was carrying had not one but two tassels on it. This is clearly why she has such an overinflated ego.

I might find a book like this interesting, if it covered many curse words. An entire book devoted to *******s seems a bit much, though. lol
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
Hee...I know they're just asterisks to transition to another part of your post, but I read this as you saying "*******" over and over and over in a sudden burst of profanity.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.