What Corinna said!! Lol!

Cones are not the devil. Some people have major issues with them, some can use a couple cones but have problems with other cones, and some people cones are a must!

If you do use them, you can still use sulfate free poo, it just must have a a surficant like coco-betaine. And you can still apply CG principles, like shampooing less often, being sure you apply plenty of moisture, etc. In fact if you use cones, you probably don't need to shampoo it out more than once or twice a week. As long as the cones get removed ad moisture gets back in, you're fine. Some people even find cones help seal moisture in for them.

GFTN was reformulated to add the a-cone a few months ago. We were all pretty mad.

Also, if the dimethicone had "peg" and perhaps a number before it, it's modified to be water soluble.

Many of us are mod-CG, and don't follow the "rules" as strictly. (True CGers do not use poo at all, and steer clear of cones.) I don't use cones myself, but I may start throwing some back into the mix to see how my hair likes it. Corinna uses cones in her stylers but not in poo or condish.

Some people really like a-cone bc as Corrina said, it does not build up, and because it targets damaged areas. It's supposed to be one of the best conditioning agents around.

The only REAL rule is to go with what works for you!!
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing