So here's my routine...
Before I ever wet my hair I coat the ends with unrefined virgin coconut oil. 2-3 times a week I wash my scalp with Garnier Fructis Scalp Solutions Anti-dandruff Conditioner. I let it sit on my scalp for 5 minutes before rinsing. Then, I use Alberto V05 Shea Cashmere conditioner on my hair. I rake it through, then scrunch upwards. I scrunch in a little bit of cold water after the conditioners is applied to rinse just a bit out. I dry my hair with a couple old cotton t-shirts, then put some Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel in my hair. I also rake this through and then scrunch, applying a half-quarter size amount into each section of my hair. Then I let my hair air-dry. When I go to sleep I make sure my hair is fully dry, or it turns out wonky. I pineapple it with a scrunchie not looped around so that it's nice and loose, like its just tight enough to secure my hair lightly. Then the next day I have good curls. To restyle I might use a bit of water or maybe more gel, sometimes all I have to do is take it out of the pineapple. I only wash my hair at night, so I rely on a good second-day method. Besides washing my scalp a couple times a week, I wet my hair and apply more conditioner every day.