View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #110
tots5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeNaturalee View Post
I just read through your entire blog & pics. It's very inspirational because a lot of people would want to give up thinking there has been little improvement or would see improvement and stop not realizing what is to come. Your curls became even more beautiful & your growth was amazing.

I thought I was doing the CG method by conditioner only washing & finger combing but in order for it to work properly do I need to co-wash on a daily or every other day basis? I know you said you stopped using gel...do u think its better to initially start off using the gel? Thank you again for sharing your progress... I now plan to do the same...post pics after every wash etc. i think it'll help me hold myself accountable. Final question, are u able to do twist out, Bantu knots and braids outs while doing the CG method or do you have to go through training your curls before you do that?
Hi, thank you very much for the compliment. This journey was not the easiest but it was certainly well worth it. The main thing is patience & learning to love the your hair in the process. Going CG is giving up the silicones, sulfates, mineral oils, petroleums, etc... Also, CG method moisture trains your hair.

I believe the is what made the biggest difference in my hair & the health of my hair. It's up to you how often you co wash. When I first started I was doing it every other day but then started rinsing then reapplying my silicone free conditioner every other day & co washing once per week.

After a good while & even now I only cowash oncer per week after I deep condition @ wear my wash n go for the week. I actually have started back using gel for my wash n go. However, if I'm just wearing a simple pony puff the I use only conditioner.

The main thing is to figure out what works best & is simple for you. Yes, you can do Twistouts, Bantu knot outs, & braid outs doing the CG method. I don't do them often at all just because I love my natural curl pattern much better since CG has transformed my hair. Taking pics throughout your journey truly helps to see the transformation & growth especially when you feel like you don't see a difference.

Thank you for following my journey & I wish you great success in yours!!!
tots5678 is offline   Reply With Quote