My sons hair is perpetually dry, no "second day" hair, dry. He has low porosity hair. Here's what we do(mind you, he's 3)...
1) Rake suave everlasting sunshine condish through dry hair, let sit for 2 minutes while I wash him up
2) Rinse, immediately rake yes to carrots condish through hair
3) Smooth out access product (too much causes sudsing or flaking), let sit while he plays to allow time for absorption of first product layer
4) Smooth through dime size dollop of Grapeseed oil to seal (other oils dry him out or don't absorb)
5) Leave bath, dry off
6) Blow dry on low-warm air for 2 minutes to reopen cuticle and allow for maximum absorption
7) Finish with a cool shot of air,cuz he gets a kick out of it!
Other products he's had success with: garnier fructis triple nutrition (old formula), tresemme naturals smooth, tigi moisture maniac, shea moisture raw shea conditioner(not the mask).
Furthermore, I've found adding glycerin to a good ole fashioned protein free rinse out is powerful!!!!
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)
"To much is given, much is expected"