Reply To: California Law Urges Warning Labels On GIB LCC Brazilian Blowout And Acai Professional Smoothing Solution Products: Salon Hair Treatments

HomeForums › Reply To: California Law Urges Warning Labels On GIB LCC Brazilian Blowout And Acai Professional Smoothing Solution Products: Salon Hair Treatments

January 9, 2013 at 2:42 am#85785

Anonymous
I settled a lawsuit with GIB insurers a few months ago. I used the treatment ONCE by a certified Brazilian Blowout salon that Brazilian Blowout recommended on their website. My attorneys had their products tested…they are LOADED with formaldehyde. There is 5 – 7 times MORE formaldehyde in the products than EMBALMING SOLUTION. I was allowed to fast track my case because it is reasonable to think I have less than 6 months to live. The product is inhaled and ABSORBED. Because my hair was so amazing thick and long…every time I layed on my hair I was absorbing it into my scalp, neck, face, skin. Everytime I took a shower the heat reactivated it and again the process started. The sun would continue to allow my hair to off-gas by the heat. The vomitting, the bathroom trips, the ER trips, urgent care visits…and no one could figure out what was wrong because the medical field refused to believe that any company could ever make a product with that much formaldehyde…even after I showed them OSHA tests. Two months later I had my hair tested. It was STILL over the legal limits of formaldehyde. After the certified industrial hygenist left, I shaved offed the remaining hair I still had and sobbed. I then looked in the mirror and laughed and said to myself that only my deceased father, Anthony Casamento, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, would be able to look at me in this horrorible state and still think I was beautiful.
To bring you up to date without boring you with all the details…I do plasma phoresis for 4 hours three times a week (blood exchange), I have had blood transfusions, two four inch tubes stick out of my chest and are attached to my heart and neck to push my blood through. I have liver and kidney damage, eye,ear, nose problems. My BRAIN and thyroid have attrofied, my DNA changed, I have had blod clots, I have 6 autoimmune diseases, and my life is cut short.
Things you need to know:
If you have any symptoms of headaches, unexplained tiredness, very mild to severe flu like symptoms which don’t seem to completely go away since you had the Brazilian Blowout please get yourself checked out. I have been to the top hospitals in California, and it took me almost 8 months to find a treatment. I wish someone would have told me two years and three months what I now know. It could have saved my life.
You can do blood tests for CO2, methylene glycol, ehtylene glycol, kidney function, and acid levels–these levels will be high. These are simple blood tests which are covered under most insurance and can be performed at a doctors office. The tests can also be done at an urgent care, hospital, clinic, etc for those who have different type of insurance or state subsidized insurance.
You need to get rid of any pillows, bedding, towels, etc. that have come in contact with you hair.
You need to have your babies checked by a doctor for the same blood tests that you are doing. They are inhaling and absorbing it and they can’t tell us…and your normal doctor is NOT going to realize the necessity to do this, but you need to know that you are continually off-gassing everytime they are near you or lay on your pillows.
I was known for my amazing mane of hair–-it was my identity and my favorite part of me. After I lost my hair, I realized in time, that it wasn’t my hair that made me beautiful, it was me.