The stuff I'm reading online, it seems like it's a couple days before you can shower and will need assistance because you'll be weak.

My dad was in the shower the very next day after his surgery, it was part of his rehabilitation to know exactly how to get in and out of the shower without injuring himself.

If you're worried about your hair, they do have a really cool thing that looks like a shower cap, but when massaged on the scalp, it turns into shampoo and cleans your hair. It even warms up, so you're not getting a cold shampoo. Once they're done cleaning your hair, they dry it off with a towel and can apply some leave-in. Is your hair long enough to braid? I would see if you can get someone to braid it or wear it in a high messy bun. That way, you're not always running your hands through it and adding oil to it and it won't get dirty as quickly.
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.