Ha, I'm hoping the $500 red Foley and Corinna I have on my list gets marked down, but I don't think it will happen.

Ugh, finally went through my copy of Pie It Forward and it's so gorgeous. And she used weight measurements, too. Four for you, Gesine!

This Moffat hate is just so beautiful and life-giving. Weeping at this skill:

HATING MOFFAT ISN’T ****ING CUTE SUBTITLED GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE SUB-SUBTITLED I AM KIND OF MAD

I’m going to make it clear, straight-off, that I don’t like Moffat. Because for some reason at this convoluted point in time when people say they “hate” Moffat, they actually mean that they respect him, and they think that he’s a good writer, and they blame him for their “feels”, because he writes things that are emotionally impacting.

That is not what I mean.

When I say I hate Moffat: I do not like Steve Moffat. I do not like his writing. I do not like his plots. I do not like his personality. Maybe I could have a civil conversation with him at a dinner party, because I have civil conversations with a lot of people and I’m sure, that in some aspects, he’s a perfectly agreeable guy. But that is all I’ll allot him.

I’ve covered this a lot before (this is a link to the tag, because I am lazy), but Moffat’s a jerk. Like, bona fide *******. He has openly admitted that he refuses to hear criticism, writes plots that are flimsy, attention-seeking, and overdramatic at best (I’m not sure if that’s an appropriate place to link to this blog but I’m so sick of writing these posts that I don’t even care anymore), and his version of the pilot was so bad that they had to start again. It was a potential disaster. I know fans find the pilot endearing, but imagine if it had actually aired.

He also has horrifyingly problematic female characters, and if this was a usual post I’d include a link here, but mother of god go find some posts yourselves I’m so sick of this ****.

My favorite aspects of Sherlock, consistently, and without fail, are the result of the work of Gatiss and Thompson. It’s no secret that I love Steve Thompson. His writing has its own immense problems - Blind Banker’s my least favorite in the series, after Scandal - but judging by his other work, it’s nowhere near as repeatedly bad as Moffat’s.

Steve Thompson is also the one who suggested the twist that Mycroft is… Mycroft, and not Moriarty, which means that one of the legitimately good aspects of the new pilot was, once again, not Moffat’s idea at all.

I posit that the show would function perfectly well without Moffat, and heaping all the credit onto him and calling him a “heartbreaker” is ****ing, ****ing ridiculous. I know that your blame and “hate” is playful. That doesn’t stop it from being idiotic: he doesn’t deserve the credit your giving him.

And what the post that started this in the first place is talking about is the fact that the majority of the fist-shaking that Moffat gets is about Reichenbach, which he didn’t even ****ing write.

Steve Thompson wrote Reichenbach.

Give Steve Thompson the credit he deserves.

It’s like… it’s like a popular blog re-sourcing art and pretending that it’s their own. That’s what it’s like, except the popular blog isn’t even a good blog they’re just a piece of **** with a bunch of blind-sheep followers I’m sorry if I’m insulting you I’m just sO ****ING DONE

Steve Thompson doesn’t get a lot of recognition because he doesn’t talk a lot, as in press tours, and things, and I think that this is because he’s not a producer. I’m not sure, he might just… not want to go to these things, but what I want more than anything is to hear Steve Thompson talk… like, once. About… something.

He has a great grasp on the Sherlock/John relationship, his dialogue is excellent, and I don’T EVEN KNOW WHY I NEED TO REITERATE THIS TO YOU PEOPLE ANYMORE BECAUSE HE WROTE ****ING REICHENBACH, LIKE REICHENBACH IS WHAT HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR, I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT IT WAS A DAMN GOOD EPISODE AND IT WAS HIS PEN THAT WROTE IT HE WROTE “NOBODY COULD BE THAT CLEVER” “YOU COULD” HE WROTE THE GRAVEYARD SPEECH HE WROTE HE FINISHED THE ENTIRE EMOTIONAL ARC OF SHERLOCK STEVE THOMPSON STEVE THOMPSON STEVE THOMPSON. HE WROTE IMMENSELY EMOTIONAL SCENES WITHOUT MAKING IT SEEM OVERWROUGHT WHICH IS REALLY ****ING HARD TO DO, AND HE MANAGED TO MAKE DIALOGUE LYRICAL WITHOUT IT SOUNDING LYRICAL, WHICH IS ****ING HARD TO DO, AND YOU GIVE THAT CREDIT TO MOFFAT WHO WROTE SCANDAL WHICH ENDS WITH SHERLOCK APPARATING TO A TERRORIST CELL AND INCLUDES IRENE ‘PLAYING’ THE HOLMES BROTHERS FOR LITERALLY NO DISCERNIBLE REASON AND WHOSE MAJOR. PLOT. TWIST.

IS A PUN.

SO PLEASE EXCUSE ME

WHEN I SAY I HATE MOFFAT

AND WANT TO GIVE THOMPSON THE CREDIT HE DESERVES

because Moffat’s show would be nothing without Gatiss and Thompson and he completely lacks the humility to ever acknowledge this.

wow

um

yeah.

Steve Thompson
But honestly, I just don't like Sherlock. Maybe the finale was worth it, but I couldn't make myself care enough to watch that far.