View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
afroniqueyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by berri_cherri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkarin View Post
I'm new to the CG routine and still exploring all the possibilities and I'm wondering if straight shea butter might be worth trying? Maybe to rub into the ends of my hair before I go to sleep at night - and be co-washed out in the AM? Or as a coating on dry hair to weight it down and cut down on frizz? I like the idea of simplicity. I have rubbed some coconut oil into my hair a few times and it seems to leave my hair feeling coated and dirty - and getting it in my hair in any even way makes me disrupt the curls too much - so now if I use coconut oil I just do it at night, use 5 pillowcases on my pillow - and co-wash it out in the AM.
Hello,

I have 4A/4B hair and I use coconut oil after applying my leave-in Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and manageable all day.
I use 100% Pure unrefined shea butter as a sealer and to style my twist (great hold and helps define my hair). I co-wash first, rinse, then I use a low poo, rinse, then I apply a rinse out conditioner, cold rinse, then I apply my leave in and curl and style hair milk, lastly I rub a nickel sized amount in my hand and begin twisting my hair.

I also use the Shea butter to unravel my twist. I rub a quarter sized amount on my hands and begin unraveling. I love coconut oil and Shea butter.
i know this might seem random but since we are talking about coconut, can i use coconut milk in my shea mix and add honey as a preservative
afroniqueyou is offline   Reply With Quote