I really do feel your pain Samantha, but I personally think curly hair often does demand more work and time if it's skillfully cut and styled.

I have really thick and long, curly hair and understand that my hair is so much harder to manage than someone with thin, short, straight hair. If I saw me walking into some salon I worked in and wasn't used to really curly hair, I might just break into hives and faint. So I get that it could be overwhelming for those who aren't used to it.

The extra expenditure is worth it IMO, provided the person truly is good with curls.
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
I get what you're saying. At the same time, my point is I shouldn't have to pay more for something I can't control. I have thick curly hair too. And I do get that it will take more time for a stylist because it isn't a quick snip like someone with straightened hair. But, I think it's BS for curly hair to be looked at as if it something so beyond controlled that I have to pay more for it. Like I said, I see what you're saying, but I am trying to look at the bigger picture of us curly girls having to go through greater hoops for simple things like a trim.