View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
NoodleNaps

Have tried looooooads of new stuff lately and the majority have been hits. Some were from December, but hey. Here's what I can remember so far:

1/ Curl Junkie Daily Smoothing Condish as a leave-in
2/ All the soaps in the Bobeam Butters & Bars set I got at Thanksgiving. And the ACV sample she sent. And the mini candy cane. Which I am so grateful she included because it took everything in me not to at least taste the shampoo bars, they smell delicious! I haven't tried the butters yet, but will do at my next wash.
3/ Bee Mine Deep Conditioner. Thanks so much to everyone who recommended this as a substitute for Curl Rehab. I have to admit I wasn't really expecting much, but it truly is amazing!
4/ The Bootleg Curl Detangling brush as recommended by Cerendipity
5/ KBB Butter Love to twist my parched hair in a relatively harsh london winter
6/ Using a steamer. I started in November and have definitely seen improvements over time
7/ Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle to detangle. Found a whole bottle of this left over from one of my not-so-recent trips to the States. Had forgotten I had it, I used to use it as a cowash. Decided to detangle with it after pre-pooing with Bee Mine and my steamer and then washing with Bobeam Honey and Oats, and the brush went through my hair like butter.

Unfortunately...

Miss

1/ Being carried away by the slip of the Trader Joe's TTT, and deciding to leave it in and not seal adequately. A day later and my hair felt like straw. Have had to cowash to rectify. Other than that, a great month so far.

Terressentials Pure Earth Mud Wash; Elucence MBC (now really just for cowashing, leg shaving or emergencies); Curl Junkie: Repair Me, Deep Fix, Curl Rehab; AOHSR (retiring); Oyin Handmade: Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, J&B; Qhemet Biologics: BRBC (retiring- prefer Oyin HD), AOHC, OHHB; Jojoba Oil for scalp; Castor Oil or Shea butter to seal; Henna & Ayurvedic pastes when I can be bothered.

Still searching for the perfect stylers, but loving CJ CIAB over everything so far
NoodleNaps is offline   Reply With Quote