View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
thisiscrazin

Default I'm a bit intimidated by CG

I really want to go CG, and have actually been gearing up to go completely product free (including shampoo, conditioner, and styling products), but I'm not sure my hair type will agree with that method. My hair is basically 2C/3A, low porosity, high density, and medium/fine width; and I recently cut it all off. My hair is cut in an A-line cut, but is very short; the longest layer hits the end of my ear lobe basically. I usually straighten my hair, but it always looks so fuzzy when I straighten it (it's nice and silky when it's longer, but tends to fuzz up a lot when it's shorter). The more I touch my curls the more they tend to frizz and humidity makes my entire head look fuzzy.

The cut I was given looks great when my hair is straight, but I feel like a clown when I let it go curly. I tend to pull it 1/2 up because I have no idea what to do with my bangs. With straight hair I usually part on the side and sweep my bangs behind my ear, but when my hair is curly my bangs are crazy and I have no idea what to do with them. My hair grows forward in the front so I never have the nice lay with my bangs that people with back growing hair do. Does that make any sense at all? I will post a pic of my crazy curls tomorrow so you have an idea of what I'm talking about. Basically what I'm looking for is advice on styling super short curly hair. And is it too crazy to go completely product free? If I do end up using a mousse will it wash out of my hair without the use of shampoo or conditioner?

Thanks in advance!
thisiscrazin is offline   Reply With Quote