View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
heatherbelle

Default My curls won't come back :(

In November, I flat ironed my hair at a salon. I rarely use flat irons....probably flat ironed my hair 7 times in 2012. I had it done professionally and it was great! When I washed my hair, there was a small section that was still pin straight. I didn't panic because I thought it would come back after another wash / deep condition. It didn't!

Now it's January, and that part of my hair is still straight...if I scrunch it, it might turn wavy. I have also been experiencing some breakage as well...just on that section. Styling my hair has been a nightmare because the rest of my curls are fine except that small section, so my curly hair comes to my shoulder and hanging are several strands of my straight hair a couple inches past my shoulders.

I thought about cutting it off...just because it is going to break off anyway. Plus, those straight strands are in a section of my hair right behind the ear, and maybe it wouldn't be too noticable.

I realized now that even though I was always careful when I flat ironed my hair...that one time...that small piece of my hair got heat damage.

Anyone have any advice...any products that could help?? or should I just cut it off? I talked to my hair stylist and she said that the breakage is due to the two textures since my roots are curly and the rest of the hair is still pin straight.
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote