Okay. I have a few suggestions, and I agree with a lot of what has already been said.

Please don't be offended, but here's the first thing. You're not actually CG. You need to clarify with a silicone free, sulfate poo (J&J Baby Shampoo would do), and start over. Eliminate One 'n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask. No idea about Cure Care, as I couldn't find it anywhere to check the ingredients list. You don't say what Mixed Chicks products you use, but they have at least some non-CG products. For some reason, the HE Set Me Up Mousse seems to leave a coating on my hair too, so if that's one you've been using, it could be contributing to the problem. The reason I checked ingredients lists for the products in your signature is because when CG stops working, it's most often a sign IME that you've got something coating your hair which isn't being shifted by what you're using to cleanse it.

One 'n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Amodimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Acetamide MEA, Canola Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 10 (CI 47005.

I have extremely baby fine hair, almost cobweb weight, and it's very easy for it to get weighed down also. I suggest that coconut oil is not the best thing for it, unless you're using it pre-low-pooing. (If you still want to try it, try looking for it in a health food store, or an Indian/Pakistani/Middle Eastern/spice store.) Jojoba oil, in extremely light quantities works best for me. I also find that more curl definition is not a positive thing for hair which is or looks thin. (Mine isn't thin, but is so ridiculously fine that it looks like it is.)

I'd suggest trying Jessicurl's Aloeba Conditioner, which is incredibly light, and detangles almost without any effort; and either a homemade flaxseed gel or Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets Styling Potion. If you need more hold, her Confident Coils mixes well with the Rockin Ringlets or homemade FSG, and still leaves your hair less glued together than more conventional gels. I love her Deep Treatment also. I've also had very good luck with Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper, which is really light weight. For more cohesion, without the whole glued together hair thing, Curly Hair Solutions Tweek works really well for me, helping my curls stay together, but still have bounce.

When I started CGing, my hair was really short. (My hair has so much jump that conventional hairdressers can't get close to getting it even until there's almost none left.) Plopping can be hard with short hair partially because most of the instructions are from and for people with long hair. Try thinking of plopping as holding a scrunch in your hair. I found that if I scrunched my hair on the top of my head well, then lowered my head onto the plopping towel/T-shirt, then scrunched the sides and back well, and wrapped, holding the scrunch in, it worked really well for me. In the morning, I'd scrub my roots with my fingertips to loosen any hair that was plastered to my scalp, then scrunched.

When my hair got a bit longer, I was finally able to pineapple, sort of. I just had to put my hair in smaller bunches at first, instead of one big one. I find that dampening my hands, and scrunching a little water into the pineappled hair helps it regroup and recurl a bit overnight.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008