View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
Aqua_Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkscrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_Lily View Post
High porosity is not always the cause of damage. It can also be genetics.
Never said it was always the cause of damage. Genetic involvement is assumed, but the wild cards that can change porosity/elasticity are the things I described above (including not just damage, but physiological and environmental changes).

My main point was that a person can't necessarily rely on a single "hair property analysis" result, as some kind of permanent blueprint for what her hair properties will always be.

The bad news is: one set of results may not allow the person to find a hair routine that will work predictably for the rest of her life.

The good news is: she doesn't have to get too hung up on one set of results
My comment was meant for Dusalocks She said she was surprised about the high porosity because she treated her hair really well. I just meant to give her some background information about porosity she might find interesting to know. I never implied that you said that it was always damage.

@dusalocks: hmmm, I don't know to be honest! Yes it's true that medium porosity let's some moisture in why not letting too much out, but whether it is THE ideal... I don't know. I think low porosity tends to be more shiny? Also, and this is JUST a guess, low porosity hair might be less prone to split ends... I think that because the cuticle is more closed and therefore the hair is better protected.

But this is mere speculating. I would like to hear more thoughts on this, love to learn.

At hip length, going for mid-thigh!
3A/2C M iii med porosity, high elasticity

HGs:
Clarify: Nivea IR
Lo-poo: Nature's Gate CR
CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
RO: TBS Rainforest Moisture, etc

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
Seal: Grapeseed oil
Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
DT: RO+oils
Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
VHT541 Many natural hair products!

Last edited by Aqua_Lily; 01-16-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Aqua_Lily is offline   Reply With Quote