Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
adthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adthomas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
Personally I've never been bothered by that kind of marketing.

I take it more as people with x racial background are likely to have similar hair. This product is targeted towards y hair. There is a logic to that that doesn't seem odd to me in the least. Unless a company came out and explicity stated that a product was ONLY for a certain group and no one else could use it or that group couldn't use any of their other products would I be bothered by it.

I might just email them to find out the ingredients. I am curious now.
Why is it The only x or y race hair I have ever seen subdivided on the shelves of United States major retailers is black people? And no we don't all have the same kind of hair. When Pantene comes out with their Asian Persuasion and White Wonders shampoo and conditioner maybe I will change my point of view. I thought at first Truly Natural was about truly natural ingredients but now I've lost interest. Meh. Not knocking anyone. just my opinion.
I do think our hair is quite different, as a whole, from hair of other races. It isn't to say their isn't diversity within or people from other races having similar hair to ours. It's a numbers game though.

Personally I find sun screen marketing to be more absurd, yet I still get the idea. We all burn and need protection from the sun, but fair skin white people have the highest rates of skin cancer and it's even higher among people who freckle.

I tend to look at numbers and reasoning, before I jump to any sort of feelings. Just the way my brain works. As far as natural...since it started with relaxed and natural I've always assumed natural referred to the state of the hair and not the ingredients in the product. I don't think Pantene has ever aspired to be an eco brand.
Yeah. I didn't realize it was part of R and N at first. I thought Pantene was doing its version of Tresemme Naturals. And we know that "natural" IS about ingredients.
I rarely buy wonder products in the black section. I have fine hair and I used to use Pantene for fine hair. Most ethinic stuff I can't use without my hair feeling greasy coated to the point where I have to wash it out. I'm not sure who told who "black folks hair loves some mineral oil/petrolatum."

BTW i have freckles. My whole family does. I used to hate them but now I love my freckles.