Tambalina- can you list your recipe? Wondering how much Epsom salt and NPF. Thanks
Originally Posted by Mimee03
Absolutely!

1/4 cup flax seeds
2 cups distilled water

Combine ingredients in a saucepan and boil together. Stir frequently. Continue to boil until foamy and gel is released from seeds. (Will look like stringy, loose snot . . . sorry, there really is no other way to put this, lol.) This takes about 5 - 8 minutes for me.

I use a mesh strainer and dump the water/seed mixture into a plastic tub that can hold at least 1.5 cups. While still warm, I add:

1 tablespoon Epsom salt
2 tablespoons NPF (my hair LOVES protein)
1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum powder (optional thickener - found in organic baking section of grocery store)

You can either whisk together or use an immersion blender. The plus side of the blender is that you lose the flubber-y like consistency of the FSG. If I'm in a real hurry, I just put the lid of the container on and shake, shake, shake until the salts dissolve. If I don't use a whisk or blender, I DO NOT add xanthan gum powder as it will just solidify on the bottom. Shaking is not enough.

For application, I use FSG after my leave-in and AG:ReCoil. I take a quarter-sized blob of FSG for my roots, then I scrunch it in from the ends up using about 1/4 - 1/2 cup. (My hair is mid-back length, so adjust amount for your length.) I use a flour sack towel and scrunch and pump to get clumps and remove excess water at the same time.

After scrunching most of the water out, I add a hard hold gel on top, plop and then pixie-diffuse. Hope this helps!!

ETA: Keep your finished product in the fridge. You can always add a preservative, but I go through it fast enough that it would be cost-prohibitive. 1 batch of FSG usually lasts me from 7 - 10 days.
CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo

Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):

Sulfate wash: CHSTS
Low-Poo: OMAO
CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
LI: YTCarrots, CCC
PT: NPF
Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
Gel: BRHG+Biotera

Last edited by tambalina; 01-16-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Important storing instructions