I am still new to the CG method, so my routine and products are still morphing as I try new products. I have been sulfate free since July 2012. I had been using BS/ACV but found it was stripping my color. Then I started using the Giovanni 50/50 poo and condish, but I really didn't like how my hair felt after the shampoo (like dry straw even though it was wet, and very knotted). Then I saw the L'Oreal Cleansing conditioner and LOVED how my hair felt and looked when using that, but when I bought the 2nd bottle, they must have changed their formulation because it smelled much stronger and was a different color.
Then I found the CG Method, watched tons of YouTube videos (mostly WaterLily716's, bought the book, and was convinced! So, here is my routine now:
1. Co-wash daily or every other day with TNNM or As I Am coconut cleansing condish (which I use once a week or so) scrubbing my scalp thoroughly with my pads of my fingers. Then rinse while massaging my scalp.
2. Apply either Matrix Biolage or GVP CB until it feels like seaweed.
3. Finger comb or use my wide tooth shower comb and leave it in my hair for 2-5 minutes.
Here is where I change it up still, trying to find what my hair responds to the best:
4. Rinse out like 80%-100% of the CB under warm water and then do a cool/cold rinse.
5. Finger scrunch out some of the water. Apply a dime size amount of the TNNM or CB as a LI. I think my hair likes the CB better as a LI.
6. While still in the tub, I then apply my products. (I find it less messy that way with the dripping water.)
I apply CHS CK (quarter size amounts to each side of head) by smoothing it on. Then I apply either HESMU, Aussie, LA Looks, or FSG as my gel.
I then scrunch some more to further induce the curls. Then I scrunch a bit with a T shirt.
7. I plop for between 15 minutes to 45 minutes with a long-sleeved T shirt.
8. I either air dry or diffuse with a bowl diffuser using the pixiecurl method until my hair is like 80% dry.
This is a new step for me:
9. For added volume at the crown of my head I use Octopus jaw clips placed on either side of my part, and at the back. It has been working like a charm so far!
I have yet to figure out how to do 2nd day hair. I pineapple and sleep on a satin pillow, but have trouble refreshing my curls without inducing frizz. I actually posted about this looking for tips, so if anyone has any, please post there!