Ladies, I swear by the Redken Extreme CAT. It comes in a dark blue, see-through bottle, costs around $15 at Ulta and is a miracle.

How I use it is shampoo my hair, rinse, then spritz 2-3 sprays of CAT on the hair while wet. Gently spread it all over your hair (not scalp) - it feels as light as water - and leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then rinse.

I have used it for years and it gives my hair bounce, tames the frizzies, makes my hair touchably soft, and the 3a curls pop into place. I do not recommend using additional products post-wash, because it weighs the hair down. If you MUST, I recommend sparing amounts of Hask Placenta while your hair is towel-dried but still damp. Then let your hair air dry. Minimal frizz, maximum curls.

As far as shampoos, try not to use heavy cream/conditioner based ones. Over time, it builds up on hair and weighs it down. Honestly, the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle works just fine and the essential oils are good for you. It does have SLS, so if you want to go organic, try Neem or Acure Organics found at Whole Foods.

Last edited by HoliWood; 01-17-2013 at 09:13 AM.