Watch people's signatures to see what they use and like. Few go with a particular line
, drugstore or otherwise. This is because while one product in a line might be OK, everything else may be full of 'cones and/or sulfates - we just read labels, get suggestions from people here and try things to see what we like. You can always get rid of stuff on the swap board here to recoup some of what you spend on stuff you don't end up using.
That said, Shea Moisture line is all CG, I think, and is now available at Walgreen's. Almost all Giovianni is, too, and some Walgreen's/CVS/Rite-Aids have it, some don't. Burt's Bees is CG, though I personally can't stand any of it I've tried. As for regular drugstore brands, Garnier Fructise seems to have more items than most that are safe, but you still have to read their labels. And with any company, they change ingredients all the time, so it's a good idea to still check them each time you start to make a purchase.
Here are a few particular drugstore items
that come to mind:
- L'Oreal Out of Bed - people use apply it on wet hair as a curl enhancer, not on dry hair per the jar instructions
- LA Looks Sports Gel - most like it better than their curl gel
- Ecostyler gel
- Got2B Kinks Curly Mousse
- JoiWhip Mousse
- Suave Naturals conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
- VO5 conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
- Nexxus Emergencee (protein treatment - must condition well after it)
- BioInfusion Conditioning Balm - totally equal to Biolage Conditioning Balm except for the price
- KY liquid lubricant - people like it instead of Curly Hair Solutions' Curl Keeper - works about the same but much cheaper (I personally don't like it or the real thing)
- Garnier Fructise Triple Nutrition conditioner - for conditioner - don't see anyone using it for co-washing
There're plenty more - that's just all that come to mind at the moment. Maybe that'll get you started, LOL!