::snip:: What techniques are you using??
Originally Posted by ladymisswavy
It varies, but this is my "tried and true" technique:

Low-poo: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo
Rinse Out: Biolage Conditioning Balm for at least 3 minutes, longer if I can (This is also the only time I will comb my hair!)
Rinse w/ 1/2 gallon distilled water mixed with 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

After I get out of the shower, I flip my head upside down and scrunch with a Aquis microfiber towel. (I can't use products w/ soaking wet hair. It weighs it down.)

Leave-In: Kinky Curly Knot Today (nickle-sized blob) scrunched in upside down. I try to keep the conditioner away from my roots.

Still upside down, I apply either Flax Seed Gel or Kinky Curly Curling Custard using pump and scrunch method. Don't forget to put *some* gel in the roots of the hair to add structure. And then I plop for 10 - 15 minutes with a flour-sack towel.

After the first plop, I apply a strong hold gel. Lately, I've really like combining BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee with Biotera gel. I use about 3 pea-sized drops of BHRG with about a half dollar-sized pool of Biotera. And also scrunch and pump. Plop again for 20 minutes with a NEW (dry) flour-sack towel.

After 20 minutes, I diffuse upside down (pixiecurl method) until I think my hair is about 80% dry. Then, I flip up and arrange the waves to create a part line. I clip the roots with little "butterfly" claw clamps and wait for my hair to dry COMPLETELY.

Just SOTC with an oil (I use Monoi, coconut or sweet almond oils.) My hair will last 2 - 3 days wavy. HTH!!
Originally Posted by tambalina
How much KCCC do you usually use? And where do you all buy those oils for your hair? Thanks!
2b, Fine, Low-Normal Porosity, Medium Density