View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd1776 View Post
I have not tried the Ever Curl line yet but I am trying to find reviews to help me decide if its worth it. I probably will be trying it later. But as to your questions about whether or not this line contains any silicones, they do not. I contacted Loreal Paris Customer Service and the agent I talked to confirmed that none of their products contain silicone. Hope that helps.
That agent either lied to you or was misinformed: several of the products in the EverCurl line have cones: shampoo (Divinyldimethicone/ Dimethicone Copolymer; Amodimethicone); oil (Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethiconol); and the cream gel (PEG-12 dimethicone; Dimethicone, Dimethiconol).

The cleansing conditioner, leave-in cream and the conditioner have no silicones.

I picked up the conditioner (used twice) and cream-gel (once) this week, and I'm still experimenting with them. The conditioner is thicker than I expected, with decent slip and very good detangling properties, but it seems to be weighing down my hair. The cream gel didn't "expand" the way some stylers do when I rub it in my hands, such as CJ CCCCL* or Boots. I had no frizz whatsoever, although curl enhancing and hold were just OK. Next time I use this, I'll pair it with a different conditioner to see whether I get better results. Both products smell really good.

I'll keep you posted as I continue to try these out, or if I break down and buy the cleansing conditioner

You can find reviews here:
Product Search Results

* CJ CCCCL = Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Stylers: As I Am Leave-In conditioner
PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote