I finally found success with conditioner-only styling, and wanted to bump this thread to inspire others to keep trying until you find what works for you.

I've tried conditioner-only over the years, with little to no success. I've tried many, many, many different conditioners, and have always turned back to my tried and true KCCC/KCKT combo for styling.

I'm 3B, medium porosity, live in a high humidity/dew climate.

I recently picked up Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Conditioner from my local health food store, and it is ah-mah-zing! I simply load my hair up, then add a little bit of the KCKT until I'm sure my hair is saturated, plop with a tee shirt for just a couple of minutes (just long enough til I'm no longer drippy) and my hair comes out super soft and shiny and remains frizz-free the entire day. I have tried it without the KCKT, and the results were basically the same. My hair is maybe a touch softer with KCKT also.

Keep trying, ladies (and gents!), you'll find your HG

Ingredients: Deionized Water, hydrolyzed keratin, cottonseed oil, panthenol, balsam peru, olive oil, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, rosemary extract, barley extract, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, octyl dimethyl PABA, PEG-100 stearate, sodium caseinate, sodium hydroxide, corn oil, organic aloe vera gel, citric acid, organic essential oil, caramel, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit
Rubber Biscuit, how much conditioner are you leaving in? I pretty much just use conditioner in my hair, but I'm playing around with the amounts and sometimes mixing them.
Originally Posted by curry curls
Ooops! Haven't checked this thread in a while!

I'm not sure how to quantify... My hair is in a bob, so it's fairly short. To saturate my hair completely, I use a generous palm-full.

Maybe I can snap a quick pic tomorrow.

ETA: It's been about a month, and I've been having consistent results. So much so, that I recently purchased 2 more bottles of each conditioner.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.