I'm gonna try the CG method or at least a modified CG. I've read that VO5 moisture milk strawberries and cream conditioner is good. I got a couple bottles real cheap for 79 cents. But I don't like the smell of straw berries in my hair. Way too sweet. xD

I also bought their herbal escapes clarifying conditioner in kiwi lime squeeze. I LOVE the smell of these way more. Would this be okay to use as co wash? I don't see any reviews of it. I'm just makign sure because I want to start off good with going CG.

Update 1/25/2013:
I've been using the VO5 as a co wash. My hair was pretty good the first couple of days. I tried out FSG and KCCC. That was fun. lol

I'm a week into being CG. The first few days were okay. My scalp felt dry and clean. But by day 3 my hair was oily and gross no matter how well I co washed. I'm at day 7 and my scalp feels super gross now. D: I don't think its oil though. I had my sister look and I ask if it felt oily or "producty" (build up xD ) and she said it felt more like build up.

I just washed it for the second time today and I made sure I scrubbed my scalp well (not with my nails, just my finger tips).

And now my hair feels really straw like especially when wet. Maybe I'm protein sensitive? :O And maybe that's contributing to the "build up". I had a feeling after lurking the forums and seeing some curlies with similar hair.

But maybe its the KCCC. -sigh- I don't knowwww. I wish my Aquage defining cream and tresemme mousse was CG. I was using these before being CG. :] I barely had a bad hair day. Not a very curly day but my hair was manageable.

I'm gonna pick up a loo poo tomorrow, maybe a SheaMoisture. I will for sure will have to shampoo before I go out. Eh, That's ok. Only a week in. I'm doing this for fun anyways. :] I am just hoping for a bit more healthier hair. Because to me Healthier hair= way more easier to manage.

What protein-free conditioners do you recommend for a co wash? Preferably one that is can be found at drug store or target.

Last edited by crystal_blue_eyes; 01-25-2013 at 06:58 PM.