Well< skin is a little different than hair because skin is constantly shedding and silicones are wonderful for keeping skin moisturized. I don't buy into the idea of silicones completely coating your hair and wreaking havoc. I do believe that not all products work for all people, and I've said before that I've seen women with amazing curls who are not at all CG. I sometimes wonder if it's really more of the technique (avoiding excessive heat and brushing, being gentle with the hair) and awareness (knowing that your hair needs lots of moisture and/or protein) rather than the strict elimination of specific ingredients (sulfates, silicones) that leads to the improved results.
Originally Posted by Corrina777
Well said. I shampoo every other day with coco betaine & clarify once a week with SLS (gasp!). My hair has not found one HG product. I have a few I rotate in & out, but for me it's almost ALL technique, less heat, & gentle hair care that has made the difference. The only exception is heavy silicones do make my hair pretty much suck. I wanted to like the SCC mousse everyone raves about but I just can't. The dimethicone is too much for me. So are oils. But tigi's amplifier with cymethicone has been good.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel