My hair varies by the day too and as I was looking for pics for this thread, I realized how completely damaged it was when I started, how much my 7" chop helped, and how I'm not sure I want to grow it out anymore I miss the length but it's so much better of a "style" short and curls a lot better. I had actually gotten quite discouraged lately thinking I really hadn't made any progress over the last 18 (yes, eighteen) months, so thanks - this thread became a self help adventure lol. It can be temperamental. I definitely understand the frustration of not having a definite "curl pattern" that jumps out and screams at you. That's the woes of having a looser pattern - it is unpredictable. I know I started out with barely a fried wave and now I have a head full of... whatever... 2c/3a ish I suppose.
Attached Images

fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel