Well first, silicones dry to a film, where oils do not. Oils can be washed out with very mild surficants, such as those found in conditioner. Silicones need something stronger, but not necessarily sulfates. There are plenty of "low poos" that will remove silicones.

Silicones are not evil, either. They do cause some people problems, and they can build up, some more than others. But if you are low-pooing even once a week, you will greatly decrease your chance of silicones giving you a problem.

If you are using cones, you need to be aware of whether you are removing them or not, how often, and if there are any signs of build up or drying. You may need to clarify every so often in addition to your low pooing.

Some silicones may cause you issues where other don't. And the next curly may love a cone you hate, and visa versa. Amodimethicone for one is not supposed to cause any build up, in that it will only deposit one layer and then repels any additional.

I co-wash some days, low-poo 2-3 times or so a week, and clarify as needed. (Probably 1-2 times a month.). I do regular PT's and DT's. I'm considering trying some products with cones, and with my routine I should have few issues.
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing