Sorry I thought I did. I have fine 2c/3a hair with low porosity and high density. I didn't know that I could over condition it. It is soft and frizzy. So do you think I can continue to use these products, or is it harming my hair? Thanks for your help! Much appreciated
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Except for the density, that's exactly where I started when I first started to lurk on nc.com! My hair was dense when I was young. Age, thyroid and a medication I take have thinned it.

Products won't "harm" your hair. You'll just continue to be overconditioned--soft and frizzy. Not sure why you'd want that???
You need to add protein in order to correct it.

I use a lot of rich products, but conteract it with protein. I do at least one PT (with a moisturizing PT) a week and use a lot of products with protein. Never have to DT.
Originally Posted by kathymack

So you do a protein treatment every week instead of doing a deep condition?
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. In the summer, I frequently do two. My hair has never met a protein it didn't like. When I first started lurking on nc.com, I did DT because I thought I should. Once I got to know my hair and the ingredients/products it prefers, I stopped. Don't think I've done a PT since summer of '08, if not before.

Condition of my hair is so good, that the shampoo guy at the salon won't condition (he just doesn't "get" it.)
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams