Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #64988
LadyV69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Well, well, well... I just spent several hours waiting to see if I would be selected for jury duty.
would you not be excused because of your job?

i can't do jury duty because i'm a deputy sheriff...
You would think so. I was actually discussing that with another member of emergency services who had been called to jury duty. He is not a dispatcher, but he was under the impression that I would not be allowed to serve, but many of my co workers have in the past. *I am considered a non sworn member law enforcement, for all practical purposes.

If my name would have been called, and I was questioned, I probably would have been excused. It was a civil matter and I have taken numerous calls from one party involved, over the years, and have a working relationship with the other.

I could just see me being called for a local criminal case. It would be one of my regulars, I am sure. "Can you put aside all personal feelings and make a non biased decision?"

Hell no!!! Lol.

Yes, I actually could (I have to do it on the job) but they don't need to know that.
I don't know about your locale, but New York City hasn't allowed exemptions in nearly 20 years. It's actually a good thing. Growing up, my parents would be summoned for jury duty about every other year while firefighters, teachers, doctors and people in numerous other professions never had to set foot in court. The lack of exemptions means that you don't get called as often. I was just summoned to serve on 2/4 and it's been about 8 years since I served last time.
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
LadyV69 is offline   Reply With Quote