View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Julesonline

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyj88 View Post
Hello everyone!

I have shoulder length 3A hair and I need help! I recently (last week) got a fresh DevaCurl cut (have been going to the same girl for the past 3 cut's) so I'm starting fresh .

I feel like I never know what my hair is going to look like because one day I could have really nice, soft, bouncy, curls and the next day it could be a mess ending with me just putting it in a bun on the top of my head. I've been using Prairie Naturals shampoo and conditioner, DevaCurl Set it Free (as like a leave in sort of.. I spray it in before I diffuse and it makes it somewhat less frizzy), and DevaCurl Angel (the light gel). Then I diffuse until it's 75% (ish) dry, put duck clips in, let it air dry 30 mins until I get ready, take clips out, and then shake upside down and scrunch gel out. More often than not, I end up playing with it so much that it ends up looking not so good,... AND I'm late to wherever I'm going. Not a good combo!

So... after looking into the baking soda and ACV method.. and then coming across the CG method.. I decided to go with the latter. I bought what I needed tonight and will be starting tomorrow.

Cowash - Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
Rinse Out - Giovanni Smooth As Silk Cond
Leave In - Giovanni Direct Leave In
Style - will be trying DevaCurl Angel and AG recoil

Question: I read about additionally having to use a clarifying shampoo along with CG method... what would this be for?

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!
Hi Curly!

You need to use a clarifying shampoo to remove any possible silicones (of which sulfates are the only thing that can remove the silicones). If you skip this step, you'll most likely end up with build-up. Basically it is giving you a "clean slate" to work with.

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green
Lo-Poo:Giovanni SAS sulfate free poo, L'Oreal Evercream CC
Co-wash: TNRV, VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TNNM
RO/LI:
YTC, Nexxus Hydra-light w/ CNPF GVPCB, Biolage CB, TNNM, Giovanni SAS
Styler: KCCC FSG, BRHG, LALSG

Julesonline is offline   Reply With Quote