View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
kathymack

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivecurls View Post
^^ If you don't mind can you please share your tips that have helped tighten your curls
I post A LOT--and frequently "talk" about what I do.

Most important is to read as much as you can about hair. Then, you need to find out what your hair likes--unfortunately, it's a lot of trial and error. A good haircut is the foundation for great hair. Learning the various techniques your hair likes is important.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I stay away from chemicals, especially polyquats. I use natural soap bars to cleanse (they were the rage on nc.com summer of '08.) I feel that they tighten curl and remove the residual ingredients from the really rich products I use. Do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. This tightens curl, adds volume and reduces frizz.

Our properties are really different, so what works for me might not work for you. It's all about finding out what your hair likes.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote