View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
anonymous_133347

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj1212 View Post
Love kccc too! But i have to use a gel with it. I apply KCCC to Soaking wet hair. Then Devacurl arc angel gel....scrunch with my hands. Plop for 5 mins.
Diffuse....bouncy springy curls. That hold. i do want to try it with LA Looks gel, since it's cheaper.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using CurlTalk App
I have never used KCCC with anything else but I agree it's a softer hold.

I agree about trying a harder hold gel. Devacurl ultra defining gel (which I hear is a lot like arc angel) gives me very tight curls. 3B curls. Unfortunately it also makes my hair feel (not look) rather dry and stiff. Either because of the glycerine content or maybe because my hair is not so keen on protein. I don't know. So right now I'm saving it for when (if ever) the dew points get higher.

Anyways, Sherryberry, have you tried a protein treatment? I keep reading that when people's hair loses its curl a PT perks it right back up and promotes elasticity. Even if your hair doesn't react kindly to protein normally (and I don't know your properties) it could be that the hormones that come with having a baby has altered your hair's properties, and maybe now you need protein. Does your hair feel soft or mushy? Overconditioning can lead to less definition. Does it feel especially dry and strawlike? Because if so you might need a deep treatment and more condition. Funnily enough, less defined or poofy curls are sometimes in need of moisture.

I've seen women have babies and go from curly to straight and vice versa but for most it doesn't seem permanent. I don't think your hair's overall structure has changed because it still looks so curly at the start of the day. The fact that it still can do that for any length of time is a good sign in my book. So yes, it might be a matter of more hold.

Congratulations on your new baby, by the way!

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote