View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
divegirl

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
I've had them for probably 20 years (I'm 50 now). They started acting up pretty badly in my early 30's and causing really heavy bleeding. I already had 2 kids, but I didn't want to screw up my uterus for future pregnancy with surgery, so I just dealt with it. I had a baby at 35 and that seemed to cure all my symptoms. The fibroids were still there, but didn't cause any fuss. I had yet another baby at 38, and still the fibroids remained dormant. I'm in menopause now...still have my fibroids, but I'm sure they'll shrivel up along with my uterus as the years roll on.

Do you plan on having any babies in the relatively near future?
I am 37 and do not have kids. I am unsure if I want to have kids.

I guess I will just deal with the heavy bleeding. It's two days a month where I pretty much need to be near a bathroom at all times. Last cycle, I bled through 5 ultra-size tampons overnight. I can't use the Diva Cup during the first couple of days because my cervix sits low at that time and fills up the cup. I don't have spotting between periods, and my period only lasts about 4-5 days so it's not as bad as it could be.

I do feel like I have trouble urinating occasionally, and it might be caused by the fibroids.
divegirl is offline   Reply With Quote