I have just started using Giovanni natural mousse. It is silicone-free, so CG friendly. (It's at WalMart, and other stores I'm sure, near the natural products--Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, and the like--not with the regular hair products.) I have not found it to be drying so far, but then again, I've only used it three times. As a side note, I am finding it to have some curl-enhancing power, even though it is not marketed as such! Hope this gives another option! Good luck!
Originally Posted by musica476
You guysssss! (I am intermittently fanning my face, squealing girlishly and fighting back grateful tears as I type.) I knew I could count on the nc community to help out me and my dear mom. I'm so happy this thread has been revived. I am going to look into all of the suggestions and take mom shopping perhaps later today. Well, first I should get some work done but then I'm off and armed with a plethora of suggestions. This has been very helpful. Thanks so much.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG