Hello! I am thinking about transitioning, but before I do, there are some things I've been wondering.

I've been getting relaxers since I was about ten (I am now 16). I don't remember what my natural hair looks like. However, when I wash my hair then let it air dry, it comes out fairly similar to the 3b picture on this site. (I'll attach it just in case you don't know what it looks like). That being said, can you estimate what my natural hair type might be? I figured maybe it's 3c or something, but I really don't know much about this.

I also would like to know if I decide to transition, what should I do with my hair? I know about protective styles and everything, but what would be the best option for my hair type? I really like wearing my hair down and would like to be able to do so for as long as I can before resorting to twists or weaves. So, about how long will it take before my hair starts to seriously break off? I currently get relaxers about once every three months, if that makes a difference with anything.

Thank you very much in advance for your input!
Attached Thumbnails
A few questions before transitioning-3b.jpg