Hey, curly friends,

I've been CG for more than a decade now, and love my curls. In the summertime, I have to cowash them every other day to keep them from coiling up tight like Roseanne Rosannadanna's! But in the wintertime, they lose their curl easily. Because I'm low porosity, they take a long time to dry, and it's hard to do in a cold house. Lately I've been washing just once a week, deep conditioning every time (either a moisture treatment or a protein followed by moisture) and my hair is stick straight on top with some nice waves on the bottom by day four. Not what I'd choose, but basically fine.

My question is: Does anyone ever blow dry once a week during the coldest months just to get through this part of the year? In some ways, I feel like it'd be easier -- I wouldn't be cold waiting for my hair to dry, and it'd just be straight, so every day I wouldn't be like, "Hmm, I wonder what hair I'm going to have today." But my assumption is that even if I just did this for a month or six weeks, it would really damage my hair -- which I've been working hard to grow.

I guess I could just use some encouragement to stick with it. (Or a success story or two from someone who straightens occasionally and hasn't destroyed his/her hair!)
--
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)