Marci, about how much do you use for DT? I mixed 3 tbsp with 2 tbsp of olive oil and left it in the other night and it seemed like my hair took to it. I'm still trying to figure my hair out. According to my hair analysis results, my coarse texture shouldn't like protein, and yet I have indications of damage (from years of wearing it straight perhaps? ? ?) like high porosity and low elasticity that suggest my hair might need a little protein. And silk protein doesn't seem like a heavy duty protein based on what I've researched. I thought the smoothie was too thick for a rinse out but I'll try it now that you say it works. It does make a good restyler for me. I spray my hair damp perhaps on three day hair and add a little to areas that have gone wonky while I've slept. I really like the smell and it makes me hungry for fruit, but at the same time I prefer more adult smells. More floral or clean, less tropical. I'm still not sure I'll repurchase it (although I'm sure that's a long time away) because I prefer kinky curly custard, but the SM Smoothie does do a lot for curl formation just on its own, wet or damp. I like to put it on my extra dry hair towards the back and sides and it brings it back to life!
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG