View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
New_to_Curlz

Default Help! Im new to all of this! 2B or 2C?

Hi everyone! I have been lurking and reading for a while and wanted to get some of your expert opinions.
Just a little background info... I had stick straight hair until I had my first daughter. Even after that I thought my hair was straightish but I had to straighten it often. When I went to my new stylist a year ago I told him about my battle with frizz and he informed me it was probably because of all of the curl in my hair. He diffused my hair and I was shocked at the results! Needless to say, it has been about 18 months and I haven't straightened my hair since. I LOVE the idea of curls but I am having a hard time figuring it all out. I found this site and am overwhelmed with all of the information.
I THINK from all that I have read that I am 2b or 2c with fine to medium, normal elasticity, medium thickness, and Im not sure about porosity. My hair takes forever to dry with product on it and sometimes if feels like product sits on my hair,but my hair feels smooth when I rub with my fingers. I like the way oils make my hair curl, but it lays close to my head. I also notice from the pics that my hair is flat in the back. I have been co-washing for 7 days and use Kinky Curl Cream and Totally Twisted Gel. In the pictures I diffused my hair but I feel like it causes frizz, but if I don't it takes forever to dry. The last picture is second day.
I am also wondering about protein and how I know if I need it or not. I would love any advice or suggestions.
Thank you so much in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Im new to all of this! 2B or 2C?-img_1251.jpg   Help!  Im new to all of this! 2B or 2C?-img_1253.jpg   Help!  Im new to all of this! 2B or 2C?-img_1259.jpg  
New_to_Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote