Since so many of us are experimenting with some cones, I thought I'd post my experiences in a separate thread. (Rather than spread across 3 threads that I'd be hijacking. Lol!). Feel free to share your own experiences here, as well!

So, here we go.

1st attempt.
I decided to keep my "coning" to only one cone at a time. I chose a-cone bc it doesn't build up, and it targets damage. I'm not super damaged, but my hair is porous, long, and does have some damage and breakage at the ends.

I had a treatment condish with a-cone, so just decided to start with that. (It's actually a post-color treatment left over from fall of 2011 when I decided to chunk the under layer of my hair darker with Demi-perm color. No one even noticed. Lol)

I low-pooed, conditioned with GFTN (old version) so I could detangle, then applied the color treat condish.

I rinsed it half out, then went about my usual routine, except I air dried instead of diffusing.

I had a lot of frizz and flyaways, but that may be bc I air dried and my hair got "bumped around" before the gel cast could really set.

Hair looked healthier, I must admit. Shiny, of course. Felt a little dry on the ends, but that's probably not bc of the cone.

Attempt 2
Low-pooed with SMR (likely wot remove the cone), detangled with Tresemme nats, a little SM masque on the ends, then the color treat over that. Left some of it in again, then did my routine as usual.

I didn't clump my hair as well in the shower, but again I think that was technique not necessarily the coney product.

Curls were nice again, but the top got frizzy (where it was clipped), and it got droopy (especially in front) and a little frizzy - BUT! The dews were SO hi here yesterday. It was like swimming through the air around here. We had near record highs, humidity, and storms. So my hair was very confused anyhow, haha! And even though it had dried completely, my hair felt damp all day bc of those high dews.

Unfortunately it seems I can't get a good measure yet again.

So I can't tell if the condish is just too heavy and is OC'ing me since technique/weather are factoring in. (Could be that condish itself is too heavy, and the cone is not the issue, too.)

I'm going to try again with this one and see how it goes tomorrow. If it doesn't go well again I'll probably pick up a different a-cone only condish - perhaps HEHH, or the new GFTN? Idk.

So I'll report back in the next couple days after attempt #3!
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing