Its going pretty good actually. I do think I'm going to have to do some clarifying, but with a sulfate free shampoo. Maybe Shea Moistures (BOGO half off at target right now btw.) My hair is actually a lot better, can hold more moisture for longer, and I can moisturize my hair as much as I need to without having to wash it. I like it a lot better, but I wont say it was only because of the cones, mostly the sulfates. If I could effectively wash out cones without a harsh cleanser, I probably would have continued to use it. How is your hair holding up? Maybe Ill do what you mentioned about the low poo, what do you use?
Originally Posted by Meera
I use the SM 'poo, too bad my Target doesn't carry it. I am so cheap, it is the most expensive product I have lol. BOGO would be off the chain. I think it's mild enough to be a low 'poo but I am not sure. I also think the sulfates were the culprit with my hair. I do use PEG modified 'cones, which are supposed to be water soluble. Perhaps those would agree with your routine? I also use L'oreal EverSleek Cleansing conditioner as a low 'poo. That stuff smells so yummy, and feels "cleaner" than straight co-washing everyday. IDK, but that never worked for me. No matter how much I scrubbed, gunky scalp the next day. But SM and the EverSleek are super gentle and now I alternate between those two and co-washing with YTC. I am much happier with my scalp using these, my hair looks pretty much the same either way. 100x better than when I used sulfates thou. How long have you been shampoo free?
Originally Posted by Marci
Honestly, only been shampoo free for about a month. I know the sulfates are the problem with my hair. I've tried this before but had not found a conditioner that had enough slip and moisture to detangle my hair. (I use GVP Conditioning balm now) & omg I'm extra cheap too! Shea moisture is the most expensive I will go when it comes to products. I'm thinking about trying out as I am coconut cowash for my scalp before I pick up the shea moisture.