You know it might be that I reapply a bit of diluted gel the day afterwards to fix second day hair and that may be drying it out. But I don't like having to rewet my entire head in the morning if I can help it. I can dampen it. . . It's cold out there! (And I live in Southern California.) What do you guys do to "fix" second day hair using gels with glycerin? Do I have to reapply leave in then gel because I think I've tried that too and it was still extra dry when I went to shower eventually. (Again, I realize it may be the protein drying me out and I have to experiment more.) Since I found out about them I'm trying to avoid products with polyquats now. At least in excess. So I'm not using my devacurl gel too frequently. I may give it to a friend. I just don't like the idea of plastic or synthetic derivatives in my hair since, if they are anything like silicones, it makes me hair matted, frizzy, and not so shiny.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG