View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
frizzinfla

Default KMF Upper Management - Want to love, but...

So... I bought Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel because I am looking for a low protein, glycerin/humectant-free gel. I conditioned with Tress Naturals (as usual), used a small amount of SM Curl Milk as leave-in (as usual), and then applied the new gel.

My hair seized up and felt dry and crunchy. It's a feeling similar to my hair's reaction to certain types of proteins, which I now avoid. The gel does have Panthenol, but my research is unclear about whether this is a protein. I also read that hyaluronic acid may cause that "instant dry when wet" feeling. Can anyone offer insight on what ingredients might cause this reaction?

I didn't rinse it out because I want to see what it looks and feels like when dry. If it dries okay, I'm wondering if I need to worry about the reaction when applied. Is it really sucking all the moisture from my hair?

I really want to like this product, but it's not lookin' good.

KMFUMG Ingredients:

Water, Utrica Dioica (Nettle Leaf Extract), Calendula Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate, Yeast Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Grapefruit Extract
frizzinfla is offline   Reply With Quote