View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
Morgan_Adcock

Deva cuts originated with Lorraine Massey of Devachan in NYC, so you're definitely in luck. Go to the Devachan website, and under Hair Services there's a subheading "In this section... " on the left, you can choose "Meet Your Devachan Stylist. If you're familiar with Deva cuts from having read Curly Girl: The Handbook, you'll be able to tell a lot about the stylists, and how they approach curly hair.

I'm very excited because I'm going to Devachan next week to have my hair cut. I've had several Deva cuts in the past, and been much happier with them than any other cuts I've had in the past. However the stylists at Devachan get ongoing training and feedback, whereas my local Deva stylist had a course (probably one day), and I'd really like to see what a genuine Devachan cut could to for my hair, which is so ridiculously fine that it seems thin. I've been trying to grow it, but having problems with the stylist not leaving a strong enough base, so it looked straggly. (I cut that back myself last spring, and it's been much better.) A friend with similar hair got a brilliant cut from Nevila, and after watching her video on the Devachan website, I decided to book with her.

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
Morgan_Adcock is offline   Reply With Quote