View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #39
anonymous_133347

Is that the home relaxer? (You know I'm wary of those.) I meant whatever treatment she may've gotten in a salon because there are so many! There are keratin treatments, japanese straightening, old school relaxers, something called digital perms which will supposedly give you straight hair with a slight wave. . . etc. I was looking into everything a year ago and I remember one woman with nice looking hair and I think she's had it ionically straightened. But korkscrew is right, you do damage it either way. Therefore you really have to baby it afterwards in order to retain length and decrease breakage. Some people are prone to breakage naturally and have to do that anyways, but I imagine it's trickier with relaxed hair. The good news is you can always go back to curly hair after growing it out. This site (and forum) will be around. Let me know how your experiment goes!

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote