View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
Morgan_Adcock

Having your hair cut by a junior stylist at Devachan, who gets ongoing training and feedback, is $70. My local Deva stylist (who, I believe, took a 1 day course) is $75. Prior to getting Deva cuts, I was going to a "master stylist" (with curly hair) who charged $45. My hair has so much jump it isn't funny, and the $20 haircuts always made me look like I'd had a bad encounter with a weedwacker.

I was having to have my hair cut every three weeks, because the master stylist's precision cuts would look ragged by then. When I switched to Deva cuts, I was immediately able to stretch that to six weeks (so I spent $5 less in those six weeks), then eight (saving $45 in that timeframe, so starting to see some real savings). At this point, I haven't had a Deva cut in about a year (so I saved $710, minus transportation to and from NYC, but get a day in the city thrown in). I have trimmed my own hair once, using the instructions in (the book and on the included DVD) Curly Girl: The Handbook, which I already had, as well as some hair shears (from Sally's) to trim split ends, so I'm not counting those costs.

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Last edited by Morgan_Adcock; 02-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Morgan_Adcock is offline   Reply With Quote