View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #29
anonymous_133347

rmc2, I don't doubt for a second what you say is true and that your hair is healthy and has no adverse reactions to glycerine in your stylers.

Morgan and the rest of you guys, same there. I don't doubt that it dries your hair out like heck. But I can't rule out the possibility that maybe I, personally, wasn't applying it correctly.

I'm going to try and see if I can make glycerine work for me. Maybe the best way to experiment would be to go out and buy pure glycerin and dilute it, then try to style. Anybody know of a (cheap) protein free glycerine styler so I can rule out the protein sensitivity as a possible contributor? Or I may just try doing a protein treatment and seeing if my hair gets frazzled. If it does, I'm protein sensitive. If it doesn't, I ain't. Then I could just experiment with my argan ecostyler again . . .

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote