View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
anonymous_133347

Default Texture vs. Porosity - Experienced Curlies Please Chime In

Which plays a bigger role for you and why? Also how did you figure out which was more important? I've heard plenty of experienced curlies saying it look a lot of experimenting. I don't mind experimenting so long as I do it drug store style since one of my resolutions was to save more.

Anyways, I think my coarse texture plays a big role because I've liked several products recommended for coarse curlies such as kinky curly and curl creams. Then again I think my porosity is a big deal too. At first I was thinking I was highly porous because before going CG I styled fairly regularly with heat but I'm rethinking that now because I've noticed my roots are what dry first when I get out of the shower. Honest they're dry in five minutes! I have to rewet them sometimes when I style. And my roots haven't really been touched with a blowdryer or a straightening iron yet. So maybe that I'm naturally porous. . . Bummer. But my hair dries faster. I guess everybody's hair is a mixed blessing.

I have big plans to try a protein treatment sometime next week. Does that sound like a reasonable enough test? I know highly porous hair likes protein.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote