Idk... I've been using cones this week to experiment, and I've found my hair retaining less moisture. Actually, I don't have enough info to truly claim that, but it seems to be the case. It may or may not be because of the cone, but it's clear the cone is not helping moisture retention.

Could be the protein balance is off, could be I didn't seal with enough oil, might be that the cone is making my sealer less effective, or maybe I just didn't get enough moisture into my hair in the first place this last time. Idk.

Low poo isn't "less good" for hair, though that may be the case for some individuals. Others may find low pooing to be better than co-washing, especially if they have an oily scalp, or have try to go several days between washing or rewetting.

There are no black and white answers, no absolute rights or wrongs or better or worses, really. There are definite guidelines, and facts that are important to understand (how silicones and sulfates work, protein and moisture balance, etc etc.). One must find what works best for their hair type/properties, lifestyle, and circumstances. There are so many variables, but the guidelines are pretty much set - it's just about how they apply to the individual.
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing